TOUR 2 - 1770 + DEEPWATER NATIONAL PARK - 8 HOURS:
On this 8 hour tour of 1770 and Deepwater National Park we will admire the magnificent views from 1770 lookout, explore the sandy tracks through tall forests of swamp mahogany, paperbark and cabbage palms of Deepwater National Park, enjoy a swim or take a stroll on along the beach or clamber over Middle and Wreck Rocks. This is a relaxed tour with plenty of free time.
1. About 1 ½ hours drive to the coastal township of 1770, to the monument that stands where Captain Cook first anchored in QLD on 24th May 1770, then to admire the magnificent views from the 1770 Lookout.
2. After morning tea we stop briefly in Agnes Water for a toilet break then we hit the sandy tracks through tall forests of swamp mahogany, paperbark and cabbage palms in Deepwater National Park
3. We have 3 stops in the park at Flat Rock, Middle Rock and Wreck Rock where you will have free time to clamber over the rocks, swim, stroll the beach or simply relax.
4. Lunch will be served on the tracks
5. As we leave the south end of the park we drive along the beautiful Deepwater Creek and we stop at the crossing for you to admire the beauty and have a quick paddle, take a few photos.
6. Finally we will drop you back about 4:30pm after an exciting day exploring 1770 and Deepwater National Park
If you’re lucky you may even spot some kangaroos, wallabies, emus, goannas, red-tailed black cockatoos or honey eaters