The tour includes a visit at the Salvatore Ferragamo shoes museum which displays photos, sketches, trademarks and a collection of shoes designed by Salvatore and his daughter for many VIPs through the years: an exhibition about shoes and dresses designed by Ferragamo for the movie “Australia” is now visible in the museum.
The tour includes a visit at the Farmacia of Santa Maria Novella, opened to the public in 1612 and still preserving 14th century frescoes. It sells the original Dominican monks’ products like perfumes, soaps, and “medicines”; a full immersion in the past with the feeling of being in a monastery. A visit to the nearby Church of Santa Maria Novella is also included. You’ll see the young Michelangelo’s “hands” in some of the characters painted on the choir, considered the absolute masterpiece of his painting teacher Domenico del Ghirlandaio.
- meeting _point
- From Florence city centre or pick up in hotel if centrally located
A Museo FerragamoB Antica Farmacia S Maria NovellaC Basilica di SantaM aria Novella
- Licensed private guide 3 hrs AM or PM
- Pick up from your hotel if central located
- Entrance ticket to Ferragamo Museum
- Entrance ticket to Santa Maria Novella Church
- Entrance fees for museums and historical sites are to be considered updated but are subjected to variation.
- Any variation to quoted fees will be told the client at the moment of the reservation.
- Availability of guides in the major European Language (English/French/German/Spanish)
- Eventual other language on request (supplement to be advised)..