Day 1: Cross to Bwindi Forest National Park in Uganda
On arrival at the airport you will be met by your safari guide who will drive you straight to Uganda. You will cross the border via Kyanika border post and immediately get into the Southern Part of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park, home to more than half the population of the remaining 1004 Mountain Gorillas in the world. You will be taken to your lodge for lunch. The journey from Rwanda to your lodge will take about 3 and half hour. Upon arrive you can visit the Pygmy community in the afternoon and overnight at your booked lodge. Driving time 2-3 hours
Up market: Clouds Gorilla Lodge /Gorilla Safari Lodge/Buhoma lodge/Silverback lodge.
Midrange: Lake Mutanda Resort/Rushaga gorilla camp/Gorilla Mist lodge.
Budget: Gorilla valley/Gorilla friends lodge/Travelers lodge/Buhom community camp.
Meal plan: Full Board Basis
Day 2: Gorilla Tracking and Transfer Back To Kigali
You will have an early breakfast and be driven to the Park Headquarters for a briefing at 7:30am about the rules of Mountain Gorilla tracking. After the briefing, you will set off for the Mountain Gorilla hunt in the thick jungle. The jungle is very lively with rich forest sounds. The trek ranges between 2 – 6 hours and you have one hour to stay with the Mountain Gorillas once sited. After you will transfer back to Kigali. End of the tour.
The cost per person in budget 1100 USD.
Midrange: 1300 USD
Luxury 1600 USD.
Requirements for this Safari:
- A Visa – you can apply for the visa online or very easily get one at the point of entry into the country (airport)
- Gorilla trekking permits – You can apply and secure these on line but experience has shown that it is better coordinated when you send money to the tour firm to handle it for you at no extra cost to the standard fee (USD600)
- Travel &Health insurance – This should be arranged by you in your home country before you travel.
- Physical fitness
- Full board accommodation as per the itinerary
- 4WD safari vehicle
- Bottled drinking water
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Services of an English Speaking Driver/guide.
- Community visit fees
- Return airport transfers.
The Safari package excludes expenses of a personal nature such as:
- Other drinks apart from bottled water
- Tips to local guides
- Telephone expenses
- Porter fees while trekking Gorillas.
- Personal insurance