Spot Africa's big5 animals in their natural habitat on a game drive in a malaria-free Game Reserve. Travel on the scenic Route 62, ride an elephant, walk with lions, touch a cheetah or croc cage dive.
Experience the wildlife of the country up close. The tour price of the trip is very cheap and can be customized according to your own preferences. We wish you much fun on safari!
A Cape TownB OudtshoornC Cango Wildlife Ranch
CAPE TOWN to OUDTSHOORN
- Morning pickup from your accommodation in selected Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Somerset West or Strand areas.
- 4x4 GAME DRIVE (± 2 hours) - Search for Africa's Big5* from the safety of a open 4x4 vehicle, in their natural habitat within a malaria- free, private game reserve that is home to an abundance of wildlife: including giraffe, white rhino, lion, elephant, cheetah, buffalo, zebra and many other species. (*unlikely to see leopards)
- LION WALK - only on request (optional with extra cost) Walk alongside Africa's most majestic predator.
- ELEPHANT FEED & RIDE - Interact, feed and get to know these orphaned, gentle giants & experience the exhilarating adventure of an elephant back ride. ( ±45 min experience, including a ±10 min ride*)
- OVERNIGHT IN OUDTSHOORN - A semi-desert town in the heart of the Klein Karoo.
OUDTSHOORN return to CAPE TOWN
- OSTRICH FARM TOUR- Learn more about the ostrich and some of the brave gets a chance to ride on an ostrich's back. (within weight limits)
- CANGO WILDLIFE RANCH - A sanctuary to some of the world's most endangered animals, contributing to the conservation of over 40 species.
- WILDLIFE ENCOUNTERS: Get the opportunity to personal 'Animal Encounters' - touching cheetahs, huging Bengal tiger cubs, wrap yourself in a python and even cage dive with Nile crocodiles! (all optional activities - with extra costs)
- CAPE ROUTE 62 - Along South Africa's famous country road you'll capture the beauty of high mountains, twisting passes, rugged Karoo plains, vineyards and orchards.
- Travel back to reach your accommodation in selected Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Somerset West or Strand areas by late evening.
Meals & drinks, optional extras and excluded activities will be for your on account. #Cub encounters are seasonal and croc cage diving is unavailable during the winter months. *Animal riding encounters are weather dependent, and not always possible during wet / rainy conditions. The exact itinerary is subject to change and may, on occasion run in reverse or different order.
Things To Bring
- Comfortable/ walking shoes
- Sunscreen & hat
- Pick-up from, and Drop-off at from your accommodation in selected Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Somerset West or Strand areas
- Elephant Feeding & Back-ride
- Ostrich farm tour
- 4x4 Game Drive at a private Game Reserve
- Cango Wildlife Ranch entrance fee
- Friendly local driver-guide
- Transport to tour's highlights - with licensed and insured vehicle(s)
- Accommodation for 1 night - as per package selected
- Meals and drinks ( No need to take your own food, you can buy it on tour )
- Personal insurance
OPTIONAL EXTRA ACTIVITIES available on tour:
- Cheetah encounter* (from +/-R200 pp)
- Tiger encounter* (from +/-R330 pp)
- Croc cage diving (from +/-R330 pp)
- Python Encounter (from +/-R95 pp)
- Walk with Lions *need to be pre-booked, on request basis (from +/-R380 pp)
*Availability of cub encounters can vary and crocodile cage diving is not available during the winter season (May to Sept). Animal riding encounters are weather dependent.
These exciting OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES are offered and scheduled as part of each tour's free-time to personalise your trip. It is not compulsory, but it turns a great trip into an unforgettable one. All optional activities are PRE-BOOKED for your convenience, but are weather dependent and can therefore only be paid / confirmed on the day of the activity.
Take your credit or debit card on the tour, as most activity providers and shops accept card payments - or - the tour guide can stop at an ATM (on request) to give you the option to draw cash as you need it.
MEALS are not included, giving you the choice to choose what to eat and where to eat - the ideal opportunity to experience typical South African cuisine at local eating spots. Our guides will show you the best restaurants, or book meals at the places you overnight.
> Most backpackers we stay at even have communal kitchens to prepare food, if you want to buy the ingredients on tour to make your own meals.
> Luxury 3star GUESTHOUSE and 4star LODGE packages do include breakfast at every overnight stop.