ABOUT NGOROGORO CRATER DAY TRIPFew safari destinations deliver the same experience as the Ngorongoro Crater. There are bigger and wilder parks but if you want some of the easiest and yet most rewarding game viewing in East Africa, then welcome and experience one in the Ngorongoro Crater it's a never regret Safari experience. A can't-miss destination on Tanzania's star-studded Northern Safari Circuit, the Ngorongoro Crater offers a classic Big 5 safari experience in the unique setting of an ancient volcanic caldera. Home to some 30 000 animals, the crater's surprisingly diverse habitats are revealed on an Ngorongoro safari on all-day guided game drives; the scenery is spectacular, predators are abundant and it's not unusual to see the Big 5 in a single day.
A Arusha Main Street, Bondeni, ArushaB Ngorongoro craterC Arusha Main Street, Bondeni, Arusha
Detailed Tour Itinerary
At 0600 hrs in the morning, be ready for a pick up from your hotel or from your stay in Arusha town, your driver guide will collect your picnic lunches, drive 190 km on tarmac road to Ngorongoro Conservation entry gate.
From the gate, drive to the Crater Rim and spend few minutes for awesome view of the Crater from the top, descend into the crater floor for a day game drives. Ngorongoro Crater is one the largest intact caldera in the world and one of the most spectacular sights in the whole of Africa. All the BIG FIVE Rhino, Lion, Leopard, Buffalo and Elephant live in this wonderful caldera, others are Zebra, Hippo, Wildebeest, Hyena and more... Birds includes flamingos on the Soda lake, Geese, Storks, Vultures and more other bird families.
Your picnic lunch will be served in the Crater picnic site at Ngoitokok swamp, a Hippo pool, after lunch proceeds with afternoon game viewing. At 1500 hrs ascend the Crater and drive back to Arusha, End of Service by Gofan Safaris
- Flying Doctors Emergencies
- Park and Crater entry Fee
- Picnic Lunch Box
- Service of an English speaking driver guide
- Transport based on an excellent 4x4 Vehicle with open roof for game viewing
- Driver's Salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Activities as per the Itinerary
- Complementary bottle of water daily
- Complementary of Embroidered Safari hat
- Government taxes
- Extras i.e. drinks, telephone etc,
- International flight
- Departure tax, Tips to the driver/guide (highly recommended),
- Visa, Travel Insurance (we can help arrange of them)
Alternative Day Trip from Arusha OPTION # 2
- Visit Tarangire National Park 120km from Arusha
- OR Lake Manyara National Park 120km from Arusha
- OR Arusha park 30km from Arusha