Short on time? Enjoy this 2 hour tour visiting the nearby valley of the mushrooms, frogs, monks along with Lake Arareko and San Ignacio Mission.
If you are looking for a complete and private TRIP package with all hotels, tours, transfers, train tickets and of course best logistics, then please visit our sister company Amigo Trails.
A CreelB Valle de los Hongos y RanasC Valle de los MonjesD Lago de Arareko
This 2 hour tour picks you up at your Creel hotel and takes you to see some of the more interesting sights around the immediate Creel vicinity. You’ll drive through the valley of the mushrooms, frogs and monks, named after their interesting rock formations. You’ll also see the local Raramuri people walking along dirt roads, herding goats or washing their colorful clothes in the nearby streams.
The San Ignacio Mission sits in the middle of the San Ignacio Ejido (communally-owned land), next to the valley of the frogs. Here you’ll see lots of local children playing in a nearby school.
Lake Arareko sits 8 kms (about 5 miles) outside of Creel and means 'horseshoe' in the Raramuri language. This beautiful lake is man-made, originally used as a reservoir. Now it is used mainly for paddle boat rides and is an excellent spot for a picnic.
•Clean, well maintained vehicle (see our Transportation page on the website for vehicle photos)
•Professional, local, bilingual guide
What's Not Included:
• Any personal items
• Rarámuri toll booth fees. Please bring small change in pesos to pay them directly, or you can choose to add this in when you book the tour as an Add-On.
Good to Know:
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- We recommend you bring a bottle of water
This tour is considered an Adventure Tour as you will be driven on off-road conditions. You will need to accept our online Liability Waiver Release to participate on this tour.
- Bring small change or small bills so you can purchase hand-made crafts and souvenirs from the Raramuri people.
- Please bring sunblock and a hat as you will be above 7,000 feet and one burns easily this high up