Places Visited in Rio: Cinelandia, Tiradentes Palace, Praça XV, Olympic Boulevard, Banco do Brasil Cultural Center, Maua Square, Pedra do Sal, Cais do Valongo, Etnias Mural, National History Museum (optional). Duration: around 4 hours
Places Visited in Petropolis: Imperial Museum, Quitandinha Palace, Metropolitan Cathedral, City Center, Casa de Petropolis (House of 7 Errors), Crystal Palace, Bohemia Brewery
Want to learn a lot about the history and heritage of Brazil? Board this 2-Day 'time-travel' tour with us! and explore two very important cities in two different ways: a Walking Tour in Rio and a Day-Trip Tour to Petropolis.
The first day will be in Rio. You will explore the historic city center and discover how a colony on the other side of the Atlantic became the capital of the Portuguese Empire. You will also learn the history of slavery from the point of view of those who suffered from the Atlantic trade and their descendants, as well as the impact and legacy of Afro culture on national identity.
On the second day, we will visit the city of Petropolis, where the Royal Family built their summerhouse. You will learn more about the Imperial times and not only visit the summerhouse itself (nowadays a museum) but also other important historic sites. This is a hidden gem of Rio.
Price per private group (up to 4 people): US$ 570.00
- Private Car With Driver
- Tour Guide
- Tickets for the listed attractions
- Roundtrip to Petropolis (on day 2)
- Flexible Starting Time with pick-up and drop-off within Rio de Janeiro (you say where!)
- Complimentary Bottled Water
What's not included:
- Food and Drinks
- 20% online prepayment when booking (Debit/Credit cards, Apple Pay)
- 80% on the tour day by cash (US$ or BRL) or credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express).
- A Full refund of the prepayment if canceled up to 48 hours before the tour date
- No refund of the prepayment if canceled 48 hours or less before the tour date