On this roughly 8 hour guided tour with mandatory hiking of 6kms up and down Tararecua Canyon, you'll enjoy the peace and serenity of a canyon walk led by your hiking guide, and the refreshment of a plunge into a natural hot springs in the form of 7 different man-made pools at the bottom of the canyon.
If you are looking for a complete and private TRIP package with all hotels, tours, transfers, train tickets and of course best logistics, then please visit our sister company Amigo Trails.
A CreelB Recowata Turn OffC Top of Tararecua CanyonD Recowata Hot Springs - bottom of canyon
You'll be picked up at your hotel in Creel or at The 3 Amigos offices to begin your tour at the designated time. You'll be driven approximately 22kms (about 40 minutes) to the top of Tararecua Canyon and will traverse a small section of cobblestone road for several switchbacks, until you reach the main parking area and gated road. From here you'll begin your decent along with your guide, leaving the vehicle in the parking lot and walking along the road to admire the canyon views.
The cobblestone, switchback road to the bottom is easy to traverse and you'll enjoy amazing views of the canyon as you walk along. The average person takes from 45 minutes to one hour and a half to walk to the bottom, depending on your own physical abilities.
Once at the bottom, you'll find 7 different man-made pools awaiting you as well as bathrooms and a changing room run by the Raramuri Indians; though we do recommend you bring your own toilet paper just in case they are out. It is a canyon bottom after all.
When you are ready to depart, you'll walk back up the canyon with your guide to board your vehicle once more and continue the drive back to Creel. Do be sure to bring a spare change of clothing so you are comfortable for your walk back to the top of the canyon. Total tour time is 8 hours.
- Clean, well maintained vehicle
- Professional, local, bilingual guide for hike
- Cold beverages
What's Not Included:
- Any personal items
- Meals, though box lunches are available as Add-Ons during the check out process
- Entrance fees through the Raramuri Indian toll booth to cross onto their land. Please bring small change in pesos to pay them directly or include this as an optional Add-On during the booking process.
Good to Know:
- Remember to wear comfortable walking shoes as a minimum of 6kms walking is required on this tour.
- Bring small change or small bills so you can purchase hand-made crafts and souvenirs from the Raramuri Indians and pay for the various Indian fees to cross onto their land, or include this Add-On during the booking process
- Bring your own lunch, or include one of our box lunches as an Add-On during the booking process
- Dress in layers for the different elevations you'll encounter today
- Please bring sunblock and a hat as you will be more than 7,500 feet (2,100 meters) above sea level and one burns easily this high up
- This tour is considered an 'Adventure Tour' due to the steep canyon roads you'll travel on. You will need to accept our online Liability Waiver Release to do this tour. It is sent after the booking process is completed.
- You can bring along a bottle of wine or a 6 pack of beer today to enjoy at the pools if you like.