This 2 hour private tour from Creel visits the waterfall in Cusarare, Cusarare Mission & Village and the Loyola Museum (if open). See the Raramuri Indians up close and buy some of their crafts as you walk along the trail to Cusarare Waterfall.
If you are looking for a complete and private TRIP package with all hotels, tours, transfers, train tickets and of course best logistics, then please visit our sister company Amigo Trails.
A CreelB Aldea CusarareC Cascada de Cusarare
This 2 hour private tour picks you up at your Creel hotel and drives you 30 minutes beyond Creel to the Cusarare area. You'll have a chance to see the paintings by some famous Mexican artists at the Loyola Museum (if open) and will enjoy viewing the countryside as you drive along the winding roads.
The Cusarare Mission sits inside the Cusarare Ejido (communally-owned land), next to the Loyola Museum. There is a school in the village and you'll see the Raramuri people up close.
Cusarare Waterfall is 100 feet high (about 30 meters) and has some wonderful overlooks of the falls from many vantage points. One can also go all the way to the bottom of it by taking the seemingly never ending stairs. Local children love to swim at the bottom of the falls on warm summer days.
• Clean, well maintained and private vehicle
• Professional, local, private guide
What’s Not Included:
• Meals, though you can include a box lunch or perfect picnic as an Add-On at time of booking
• Any personal items
• Rarámuri toll booth fees. Please bring small change in pesos to pay them directly, unless you included this Add-On choice at time of booking.
Good to Know:
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- We recommend you bring a bottle of water
- This tour is considered an 'Adventure Tour' due to the steep canyon roads you'll travel on. You will need to accept our online Liability Waiver Release to do this tour. It is sent after the booking process is completed.
- Bring small change or small bills so you can purchase hand-made crafts and souvenirs from the Rarámuri people.