The Acatenango volcano in Guatemala, near the city of Antigua, in the city of Chimaltenango. The volcano has two peaks, Pico Mayor and Yepocapa also known as the Three Sisters. Eruptions only known historically occurred in the twentieth century, between 1924 and 1927 north of the summit of Pico Mayor and again in December 1972 between Yepocapa and Pico Mayor.
From the top of the volcano it can be seen in the Fuego volcano and the "Border" that unites them
Incluides: Bilingual guide, Sleeping bag, mat or mattress, tent and 3 meals.Lunch and dinner on the first dayAnd breakfast for Day 2.
A Antigua GuatemalaB Volcán Acatenango
- 09:00 a-m. Departure from Antigua toward the volcano Soledad Village
- 10:30 a.m. arrival at Soledad Village where people start walking to the camp (5 hrs) walking with stops on the way.
- 4:00 pm arrival at base camp
- We spent the night where we will see all activity from Volcan de Fuego.
- 4:30 a.m. began the trek to see the sunrise.
- 6:00 a.m. arrival at the top of the Acatenango volcano for sunrise.
- 7:00 a.m. return to base camp
- Breakfast and then return to the village La Soledad
- 11:00 a.m. arrival in La Soledad where our bus will be waiting for the group to Antigua
- 24:00 arrival in Antigua.