We have designed this tour primarily to satisfy your wants and desires. Listed below are our recommendations of the main sites to see in Rome, please select the locations of your choice, (or others that may not be mentioned), to create your own excursion. Please note that from your selection, we will advise and confirm the sites possible to explore in 9 hours, plus the order in which they will be visited.
(a) Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel and St. Peters Church (2-3 Hours Recommended)
(b) Colosseum (1-3 Hours Recommended)
(c) Imperial Forum Avenue
(d) Roman Forum
(e) Monument of Victor Emanuel II in Venice Square (Piazza Venezia)
(f) Capitoline Hill
(g) Circus Maximus (Roman Chariot race-track)
(h) Aventine Hill
(i) Piramid Caio Cestius
(j) St. Paul outside the wall
(k) St. Mary Maggior
(l) St. John Lateran
(m) Trevi Fountain in Piazza Poli
(n) Spanish Steps (Piazza Spagna)
(p) Navona Square (Piazza Navona)
(q) Veneto Avenue
(r) Quirinal Hill (where the president lives)
(s) Christian Catacombs
(t) Appian Way (Via Appia)
We can offer a private guide for a guided tour at both the Vatican and the Colosseum. Please note that there is a minimum hiring time of 3 hours at each of these two sites.
Be kindly noticed:
- An order of the sights may vary
- Our English speaking drivers have been trained to offer our clients a running commentary of the major highlights of each tour. Due to strict Italian laws and regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers can only comment and explain the sights from inside the vehicle and are not allowed to do so once outside of it. If you would like someone to walk the sites or give commentary within major landmarks, private guides are available for hire at an additional cost. Each driver will also be happy to suggest fine restaurants for an authentic dining experience during your day of touring.
- Please dress respectfully when visiting the religious monuments; local customs require that knees and shoulders are completely covered while inside the Museum.
- Comfortable walking shoes are suggested for this tour.
- A guide while in Rome for 6 hours is suggested to groups over 14 passengers. We also highly suggest keeping larger groups to a maximum of 30 people per bus.
- Colosseum Open hours: Mid February - mid March: 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM; Mid March - end March: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM; End March - end August: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM; End August - end Sept.: 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM; End Sept. - end October: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM; End October - mid March: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (no specific time needs to be reserved as Colosseum tickets are valid all day - Make sure you buy the print@home ticket)
- Vatican Museums' & Sistine Chapel Open hours are 09.00am - 4.00pm/ Closed on Sunday's. With a 8:00am pick-up time, we recommend purchasing Vatican tickets at the following times: Without our private guide - 2:00pm, With our private guide - 1:00pm, With or without our private guide - 9:30am. (On Wednesdays, there is the Papal Audience in the morning, so we recommend booking your Vatican tickets in the afternoon